Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Starting Again

It is a long time since I have written here. What a year it has been. PANDEMIC. ISOLATION. ZOOM. NO FAMILY HOIDAYS. FEAR. Yet no one in our family has become ill, thank you Lord. We feel so sad for all the people and families the Pandemic has affected. A tragedy.

Now it is looking more hopeful. Life is better since the vaccine has been pushed out. Today I got my second dose. It is with gratitude I pushed my sleeve up to get it. No that doesn't mean all is back to the way it was. However it is giving hope and more normalcy. 

We are planning a trip to St. Louis to celebrate our grandsons' birthdays in May. Our daughter's family from Minnesota will be here for Easter. All so very exciting and overdue.

Over this last year, especially during the winter, my joy has been watching our backyard wildlife. Starting to learn photography with my new camera.


Kids' Messenger has been a Godsend to keep me in touch with our grandkids. What a delight to talk with them, play funny games, and put on silly faces. Plus I have read books to our 4-year old grandson over it, while his brother and parents are all working online daily. 

I have been able to share in learning about birds and animals with our 8-year old grandson. We share animal cams, read articles, and discuss it all. Currently we watch the Woodmen Tower Falcon Cam in Omaha to see when the Peregrine Falcon eggs appear, the wolf cam in Ely, MN to watch the Arctic Wolves. 

Our sunroom has kept all my plants alive. The hibiscus (see above) blooms constantly. Herbs rosemary, basil, and Greek oregano let us clip off what we need for cooking. The Christmas poinsettia is still
colorful and keeping it's leaves. My gardenia plants are not thriving, but still alive waiting to be planted outdoors again. 

We had buckets of snow! The bird bath heater works. I enjoyed watching the snow and birds. Kept practicing with my new Christmas gift Nikon camera too. 

I can tell I haven't done much writing in recent times. My words don't come in any creative ways. So I will keep writing, maybe eventually more creatively or more insightfully. For now at least I started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.