Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow and More Snow

  1. Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin
  2. The Story of Snow: The Science of Winter’s Wonder by Mark Cassino
  3. It’s Snowing! by Gail Gibbons
The books listed above are great ones for kids about snow and snowflakes. It's that time again, with our cold, arctic temps there is more snow in our forecast. So these books and other activities, like making paper snowflakes, are fun when kids can't play outside.
Our art teacher at my school would make these huge paper, three-dimensional snowflakes, and hang them from the art room ceiling. Soon everyone wanted to make them and they were hanging many places in the building. I never made one, but this is a good tutorial on how to do it. I plan on trying it tomorrow with my grandson.


On second thought, this is a project for me, and for him when he's older. I have seen craft sticks glued together to make a snowflake, so that might be more age appropriate!


And lastly, here are some printables with great activities for young kids, from a blog I follow, www.servingjoyfully.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.