Friday, January 10, 2014

Epiphany to Ash Wednesday


Tonight we had the end of the kringler, that Scandinavian Almond Puff by another name. I made it for my church women's group yesterday. We ate it in candlelight tonight, after our cheese, crackers, and salad supper. End of Christmas cheeses. Yes, the end of Christmas season. Yet, Epiphany continues. And Christ, Emmanuel, is with us, always.

I am like countless others who dread, hate, taking down their Christmas tree and decorations. It seems like I work lovingly for 2-3 weeks putting them up, and then time rushes on and it's time to take them down. So that is my chore this weekend, to undecorate. Except I am keeping up stars in the kitchen for Epiphany, and any heart decorations (again mostly in the kitchen) for St. Valentine's Day in February. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.