Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Messing Around

Yes, I have been messing around with my blog design and background, etc. Seems I can spend more time at that than writing it. Reminds me of my husband relating that when we have moved into a new home, he is putting the bed together while I am figuring out where to hang our art! You get it, he works on the practical and necessary, while I mess around with the unnecessary. From an artist's viewpoint, the art is necessary, just maybe my timing is off. 

I continue to read such fantastic blogs by others (several listed here) that I am inhibited by them. Still, I want to continue. I do have things to say, and I want to work on saying them well. My writing has become rusty because I just have not written enough in recent times. 


The fantastic blogs I am referring to are so deep and meaningful. Plus the writers lay themselves bare. And they do this to pull us, the average person in, to give us the grace and love of Jesus Christ. To affirm us, the broken or defeated, the struggling, the "average." These writers show us they are also fighting their own battles, their own struggles. They are real. REAL. Praying and writing for themselves, and their readers. 


Yes, the writers/bloggers I am referring to are also younger than

I am. Mainly in their late 30's to mid-40's I'd say. A different generation. What does that mean? I am not sure. Except that my mother's generation (at least the women I knew), were much more private, more closed-mouthed. Maybe I just didn't know the right women? Or ask the right questions? My mother was very much the closed, private mid-west farmer's daughter. A Dane. With the personality that only showed the acceptable, made for public display self. I have always fought against that, being the more open, out there personality. Partially for my own search for self, identity, acceptance. My quest for "real." Yes, like the Velveteen Rabbit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.