Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby-proofing

Our little guy is now 8 1/2 months and nearing the crawling stage. So now I am looking at everything from a crawler's point of view! He has already bumped his head on the coffee table low shelf. An edge-foam tape for tables is ordered. The stairs are another big problem, so a nice gate is also ordered. We, actually my husband, needs to figure out how to mount it since our stairs at the top have only the banister/larger spindle, thus no wall to mount even one side to. 

Ben is looking everywhere and noticing more and more. That seems to be his pre-crawling behavior that will motivate him. He wants to get to those fascinating objects and places. So I do have outlet covers, though need to get a few more. 

At Christmas our older daughter suggested I move the coffee table out of the space where the kids were playing to one side. I resisted. Well, now I'm ready to do it so we have a larger play area in the living room. Certainly the Grandkids' Room will be totally baby-proofed, but we don't want to stay in there the entire time! And the downstairs family room is a mess, so I have to get to that before he can play down there. 

The times they are a changin'! Now I just need to stay ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.