Thursday, December 13, 2012

To Santa or Not To Santa. That Is The Question.

To Santa or Not To Santa. That Is The Question.:

'via Blog this'  This post deals with the same question I wrote about in my Dec. 5, 2012 blog post. Rachel describes some of the issues of Santa Claus, the most important one being what will the kids think when they find out Santa is a 'fairy tale,' an illusion? 

That was my question. Will kids be disillusioned then with Jesus and Bible stories? Is Jesus make-believe too? I therefore advocate for teaching children about the real person St. Nicholas, and how he has changed over time into a make-believe, fictional character. Still emphasize the good things that Santa does in giving giving gifts, like St. Nicholas of old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will review them.